Ingredients
- 1 package (1 lb.) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 6 oz. whole wheat linguine, cooked al dente
- 1 T plus 1 t Cajun spices (Mine is a Roundy's brand purchased from Pick N Save)
- 3 T reduced-fat butter
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3/4 C reduced-fat milk (I always use fat-free milk because that's what I have in the house)
- 1/4 C sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 t dried basil
- 1/4 t garlic powder
- 1/4 C grated Parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Instructions
- Place chicken and Cajun seasoning in a bowl and toss to coat.
- Melt the butter in a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and saute until it is tender, about 5-7 min.
- Reduce heat and add the green onions, milk, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, garlic powder, and black pepper. Cook for a few minutes until heated through.
- Toss in the cooked linguine and Parmesan cheese. Be sure to coat the pasta well.
- Serve and watch the look of delight on everyone's faces as they enjoy this dish!
391 calories, 9.8g fat, 37g protein, 37g carbs, 5g fiber, 597mg sodium, 4g sugar
WW old points: 8 WW Points Plus: 10
Seriously, if you like chorizo I recommend going balls to the walls and subbing some in. It will change your life. I served this alongside my favorite asparagus. I cook it on the stovetop with balsamic vinegar (I do this on the grill in the summer) and then add some shaved Parmesan to the top, which I let melt. YUM! Also, sorry for the poor photo quality--my camera has grown legs and walked off so I am suffering with my cell-phone camera. Let me know if you try this out and if you make any substitutions. Happy cooking!
-M.
No comments:
Post a Comment